13. Part 1: Parent Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Teen Sleep with Karen Bailey
In this episode, I speak to my friend Karen Bailey, a parent of a teen and tween, and answer common questions that I get from parents about teen sleep. This is part one of two and I will release the second half of our conversation next week.
Replay of the virtual workshop for parents and teens, How to Adjust Sleep Before School Starts
Download all of the DECODE Insomnia parent resources including 5 Tips to Help Your Teen Sleep Better (Even If They're Not Ready Yet) and Tips to Navigate Bedtime & Electronics Struggles cheatsheet.
A Glance at the Episode
- What is your advice for helping my teen settle to sleep? (5:02)
- What do you recommend when it comes to putting away electronics before bedtime? (9:50)
- How can I help my teen quiet a busy mind? (12:53)
- What should my teen do if they are in bed and they can't fall asleep? (18:30)
- What is your advice if my teen wakes up in the middle of the night and can't settle back to sleep? (19:55)
About The DECODE Project Podcast
In the DECODE Project Podcast, sleep physician and youth psychiatrist Dr. Cara Ooi speaks to parents, youth, and other experts about what really moves the dial on change during the tricky teen years. Learn more about the DECODE Project and resources by visiting decodeinsomnia.com or on Instagram @decodeinsomnia.
Music by Micheal Lerner
The content of this podcast provides general information and is not intended to replace medical advice from a qualified healthcare provider. The provided content should not be relied upon for medical diagnosis or management. Please direct questions or concerns to your physician and/or qualified health care provider.