14. Part 2: Parent Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Teen Sleep with Karen Bailey
In this episode, I speak to my friend Karen Bailey, a parent of a teen and tween, and answer common questions that I get from parents about teen sleep. Part 2/2
A Glance at the Episode
- What would you recommend when we have late night activities (sports games, homework) that get in the way of a regular routine? (1:58)
- How can we help our teens get sleep on track for school? (6:39)
- How can we help teens navigate waking up and fatigue after a poor night's sleep? (13:10)
- Is it a good idea to let teens catch up on sleep? (16:33)
- What are signs of sleep deprivation in teens? (21:11)
Resources from the Episode
Replay of the virtual workshop for parents and teens, How to Adjust Sleep Before School Starts
Download all of the DECODE Insomnia parent resources.
For professionals and organizations: Please visit www.decodeinsomnia.com/professionals to learn how to integrate the DECODE Insomnia resources into your practice and to download the DECODE Insomnia START Kit.
For parents: Download all of the resources including 5 Tips to Help Your Teen Sleep Better (Even If They're Not Ready Yet) and Tips to Navigate Bedtime & Electronics Struggles cheatsheet.
About The DECODE Project Podcast
In the DECODE Project Podcast, sleep physician and youth psychiatrist Dr. Cara Ooi speaks to parents, youth, and other experts about what really moves the dial on change when change is difficult. Learn more: Website//Instagram//YouTube
Music by Micheal Lerner
The content of this podcast provides general information and is not intended to replace medical advice from a qualified healthcare provider. The provided content should not be relied upon for medical diagnosis or management. Please direct questions or concerns to your physician and/or qualified health care provider.